GPhys -- a multi-purpose class to handle Gridded Physical quantities
by T Horinouchi, S Nishizawa, S Takehiro, S Otsuka, R Mizuta, D Tsukahara, M Horikawa, T Koshiro
- May 19 2014 gphys-1.4.0 released.
- GPhys#cut now supports cyclic extentions (e.g. lon 0...360 --> -180..180)
- Some new options in gpview, gpvect, gpcut
- GGraph: minor enhancement & debug
- Apr 15 2013 gphys-1.3.1 released.
- Solved a problem to access opendap via netcdf-4
(this is the only change)
- Mar 19 2013 gphys-1.3.0 released.
- Enhanced virtual joining of GPhys(iable) objects:
- supported joining of GPhys objects, and GPhys::IO.open
is changed to use it, allowing unification of files of
any kinds suppored by GPhys.
- Suppoted unification by non-existent dimensions
(e.g., to make time sequence from snapshots).
- Supported non-monotonic division along axes,
such as the latitudinal division of ISPACK with MPI
(e.g., file2, file1, file0, file1, file2).
- Enhanced and improved graphics: new options in GGraph methods
and gpview; improved calendar-based axes (to cover many years);
- Enhanced and improved analysis methods
- Improved dRuby support
- Lifted the protection of GPhys#grid
- Bug fixes, minor improvement & updates.
- Dec 11 2012 Updated the GPhys, GGraph tutorial
- Mar 1 2012 Started to upload a new tutorial of GPhys and GGraph (not yet completed)
- Click here for older "What's new"s
Installation with pacakges
See this page
The following libraries are required to use GPhys:
The following libraries are recommended to use GPhys:
- Ruby 1.8 or 1.9 (Ruby 1.6 support was given up to use DateTime)
NArray: (0.5.7 or later required)
a multi-dimensional numeric array class for ruby.
- Misc (ver.0.1.0 or later required) Collection of miscellaneous common
basic libraries for Ruby programming.
- Units (ver.1.7 or later required)
Class of units of physical quantities.
NArrayMiss (ver.1.2.4 or later required) a multi-dimensional numeric array that handles data missing.
(at this moment, not used heavily, and GPhys is not tested well
for the use with NArrayMiss)
(ver 0.6.6 or later)
The Ruby interface of the NetCDF library.
- RubyDCL (ver 1.6.1 or later)
The Ruby interface of
the DCL graphic library
- Ruby-FFTW3 (ver 0.3 or later)
The Ruby interface of the FFTW (ver 3) library
- Ruby-GSL (ver 1.14 or later)
The Ruby interface of the GNU Scientific Library
The following is used if installed and explicitly specified on runtime,
but the present version (0.2.0) is not recommended unless NEEDED
(i.e., to read GRIB2 files). Otherwise, please wait a new version.
- Ruby-LAPACK (ver 1.5 or later)
A Ruby interface of LAPACK - Linear Algebra PACKage
If you have installed these libraries, to install GPhys is quite
- rb-GRIB (ver 0.2.0 -- unstable!)
A Ruby interface of ECMWF's GRIB API (support GRIB1 and GRIB2 data).
% tar xvzf gphys-version.tar.gz
% cd gphys-version
% ruby extconf.rb
% sudo make install
% sudo ruby install.rb
Last modified: Mon Mar 15 16:09:08 JST 2010